- When it rains, it pours. At least that is how the saying goes. McLaren Honda received more bad news this week as Honda’s big engine upgrade has been cancelled. Honda cited reliability concerns as the reason to pull back the “big upgrade.”
- Speaking of McLaren Honda, they will be without Fernando Alonso this weekend. Fernando will be racing at the Brickyard in the Indy 500 where he qualified in an impressive 5th place. On the bright side, we get to see Jensen Button back with McLaren. What a dream boat he is.
- It is Monaco weekend which means transfer rumors are flying. The latest rumor has linked Max Verstappen with Ferrari. While this would be tempting, Max insists he is loyal to Red Bull. Red Bull needs to step it up, however, as Max desperate wants a winning car.
- Jolyon Palmer has had a rough start to the 2017 season. The Renault driver has vastly under performed compared to his teammate, Nico Hulkenberg. We don’t expect Palmer to be back with Renault in 2018, but don’t hold your breath for Alonso to fill his seat. Renault has already admitted they can’t give Alonso a championship winning drive.
- Lewis Hamilton is just tickled by the fact he can match his idol Ayrton Senna’s mark of 65 pole positions this weekend. Hamilton has recently told reports he has found a perfect life balance. If you ask us, Lewis needs to spend more time on track and a little less time strutting down the red carpet.
- Pastor Maldonado has revealed he rejected the opportunity to return to the Formula 1 grid this season. Yes, you read that correctly. “Crashtor Maldonado” was offered a seat.
- Keep your eyes peeled for a new Haas livery this weekend. I don’t know about you, but I can’t spot the difference.
I can’t wait to read more