- Williams Racing may need to put a “Baby on Board” sticker on their cars. Deputy team principal Claire Williams is expecting a baby boy to arrive in October.
- Jenson Button nearly qualified for the Ironman 70.3 World Championship but was disqualified for going too fast in a “slow zone.” Do you even Kona, bro?
- There have been plenty of rumours about Fernando Alonso leaving F1 mid-season. Just don’t count Massa among those doubting Alonso’s commitment. “I think the first thing to understand is that he has a contract,” he told Brazilian broadcaster Sportv.
- Max Verstappen’s father, Jos Verstappen, mixed it up in a bar fight this past Sunday. No wonder Max is known for his aggressive moves on track.
- Word is Toro Rosso driver Carlos Sainz has a weak spot for Peking Duck. Go easy on the chinese food, Carlos. You don’t want to end up fat and out of shape like Eddie Lacy.
- Four-time F1 winner and ex-Ferrari driver Eddie Irvine has called Sebastian Vettel “a spoiled brat”. I’m having a hard time finding reasons to disagree.
- Lewis Hamilton got stuck in immigration while traveling to Shanghai. As usual, he posted a number of lame pictures to Instagram.
- Breaking news out of Australia is that Daniel Ricciardo was extremely flattered by the kind words during last week’s Premium Unleaded podcast. Give it a listen here to stay up to date.
Back to 2017 Chinese GP Newsletter