- Lewis Hamilton took advantage of down time to attend an NBA finals game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors. He was seen snapping photos court side with his best mate, Brazilian football star Neymar.
- Hamilton thinks Ferrari has clearly prioritized Sebastian Vettel in their team orders. Perhaps Lewis thinks this will cause Ferrari to reconsider their approach? We think not.
- Ferrari third driver Antonio Giovinazzi will appear in seven of the remaining Practice One sessions this year, replacing Kevin Magnussen in six. Could we see him earn a seat for the 2018 season?
- Fernando Alonso rumors continue to swirl. The Spaniard does not yet know his plans for the 2018 season, but he does know those plans will not include Red Bull. “I think perhaps Red Bull is the only one that has doors a little closed because it already has young drivers with long contracts.”
- This week saw the return of Robert Kubica to Formula One. The Polish driver was seriously injured in 2011 and has slowly been making his way back into racing. Perhaps we could see him sporting the Renault yellow and black in 2018…
- Felipe Massa says he is open to extending his stay in Formula 1 beyond the end of the season, having coming out of retirement to compete in 2017.
- Williams’ 18-year-old rookie Lance Stroll has received “grossly unfair” criticism during a difficult start to his F1 career, says deputy team principal Claire Williams. We say the criticism is totally fair.
- No light at the end of the tunnel just yet for McLaren and Honda, who are expecting the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve to expose the Japanese manufacturer’s power unit limitations once again. Yikes. No wonder Rob makes sure to watch the entire first session of qualifying. That is the only time you will see the McLaren.
— F1Writers™ (@f1writers) June 6, 2017