- There has been a murder in Formula One. This past week, Spanish IndyCar driver Oriol Servia brutally killed Fernando Alonso when he said Alonso’s decision to skip the Monaco GP is like ‘Bill Gates showing up at the Apple Christmas party instead of his own, because he knows it’s going to be cooler’.
- Alonso, a driver who always putting racing first, recently started his own fashion label. The Kimoa brand was launched a few weeks ago and takes inspiration from Alonso’s love of the sea. Pray for Rob’s wallet.
- Sounds like the Sahara brand could sell their 42.5% stake in the Force India F1 Team. Do they think Formula One is a bad investment? Nope. The company needs the money to help release founder Subrata Roy from jail.
- Williams driver Felipe Massa says mentoring rookie team-mate Lance Stroll brings back memories of his relationship with Michael Schumacher at Ferrari. The F1 Newsletter staff isn’t sure we should be comparing Stroll and Shumacher at this point.
- Lewis Hamilton was spotted wearing a green velvet tuxedo at the Met Gala this past week. He decided to hang out with Kendall Jenner and Wiz Khalifa instead of preparing for the Spanish Grand Prix.
- 18-year old Santino Ferrucci is back as a development driver for team Haas. In a dream scenario, Formula One could see the first American driver team pairing in a year or two.
Back to the 2017 Spanish GP Newsletter